News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2004

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8TH JUNE 2004

PRESENT

Robert Scarsbrook, Christine Scarsbrook, Norma David, Craig Crawford, Rosee Macdonald, Ken Macdonald, Gordon Weir, Nick Walker, Brian Young, Amish Amin, David McKie, Grace Weir, Bill David, David Bottomley, Linda Smith

IN ATTENDANCE

Jeanette Fraser, Norma Walker, John Findlater

APOLOGIES

Andrew Wilson, Miller Leon, Louise McClements, Betty McArthur

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the 11.05.2004 meeting were adopted – Proposed, Brian Young and Seconded, Gordon Weir

Matters arising

It was noted that apologies submitted by Linda Smith were not included in the last minutes and HCC apologised for this omission.

It was stated in the previous minutes that the issues around Garthland Bridge would be directed to the South Renfrewshire Access Network Initiative but it was indicated that this does not now come under their remit.

POLICE REPORT

No report.

ROADS
Road signs and Garthland bridge

HCC wrote to Renfrewshire Council after the April meeting regarding this and other issues.

The reply was rather confused and HCC to wrote again for further clarification.

No response received to date.

20’s plenty signs

Some signs are now beginning to appear within the village.

It has been suggested that Midton Road does not fit in with the Renfrewshire Council criteria for the placement of such signs and HCC will pursue this matter further.

HCC Road Faults initiative

David McKie and Craig Crawford are working on this initiative.

There was nothing to report at this stage.

Midton road junction with Bowfield road

No response to date.

ENVIRONMENT
Overgrown Hedging

It was noted that the Hedging along Midton Road has become overgrown and is now obscuring sign posts.

Although this hedging has recently been cut, HCC will pursue with Renfrewshire Council along with other areas noted such as Bowfield Road and the stairs at George Street.

Rubbish bins and dog bins

No response to date.

It has been noted however that the vandalised dog bin has now been repaired or replaced.

Garden waste recycling

Having been told that composting bins were available for those households who felt they could use them, we were subsequently advised that there were none left for distribution

HCC to write to Renfrewshire Council regarding this and the wider distribution of ‘brown bins’, stating that we would like to be seen to be contributing to the recycling agenda.

WEB SITE & VILLAGE INFORMATION
Village Notice Board
  • The problems regarding ‘misting’ on the inside of the notice board appears now to have been resolved.
  • Incidences of vandalism have still not so far been apparent and the notice board is still being well utilized.
WEB SITE & VILLAGE INFORMATION (Cont.)
Broadband
  • A wireless system may still be available for use by village residents.
  • The person supplying the wireless system will be invited to give a short presentation at the next meeting of HCC.
  • A representative from BT broadband will also be invited to attend a future meeting of HCC to discuss their plans for the upgrade of rural exchanges.
Web site
  • The Howwood.com web site has now been moved onto a new server and anyone with an @howwood.com internet address who may be experiencing problems should contact David McKie.
  • The Fete page has now been updated and a list of raffle prizes will be posted on this page by Friday 11th June 2004.
  • There have been some good entries posted to the Guest Book and this page is worth a read.
  • We have been contacted by a resident of New Zealand who can supply a list of residents of Howwood in 1931and this list will soon be posted on the web site.
PLANNING
Mayfield Drive and Lot at the Railway Inn

Renfrewshire Council have been contacted regarding the above issues
Still no reply received to date.

Pamandus
  • It has been noticed that tiles are being removed from the roof.
  • Is this the start of demolition or the start of vandalism.
  • HCC to write to the Planning Department for clarification.
Planning Applications

Nothing requiring a response has been received.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Councillor Nimmo was not present to give a report due to other commitments in relation to the Rural Regeneration Scheme.

HCC do not know the exact remit of this scheme but Andrew Wilson will meet with Councillor Nimmo as required.

MEMBERSHIP

HCC still has one vacancy to be filled. There are now three interested parties but no firm nominations have yet been put forward.

It was noted at the previous meeting that a member of HCC had failed to attend several meetings and, in line with the HCC Constitution, the Chairman spoke to the member to confirm whether or not this was due to a particular problem. We were advised that the member has mixed feelings about remaining a Community Councillor and that a final decision will be advised by the next HCC meeting.

FINANCIAL POSITION

Just under £4300 in the Bank although this is slightly down on the previous two years

£3000 will be allocated for specific projects over the coming year.

Committed expenses in relation to this years fete amounts to approx. £900.

CORRESPONDENCE

As per the Agenda

  • RCVS AGM Monday 14th June 2004 at 7pm – Nobody is available to attend
  • Scotways – Leaflets and guides list and brochure - copies available from the secretary.
  • Scottish Executive – Antisocial behaviour leaflet - copies available from the secretary.
NHS Argyll & Clyde reorganisation
  • Strategy booklet – copies available from the secretary.
2004 Community of the Year awards
  • Andrew Wilson coordinating this application.
  • Submission required by next week.
Renfrewshire Access Forum
  • This forum is now being officially started and participation from HCC has been requested.
  • Andrew Wilson will attend.
CORRESPONDENCE (Cont.)
Glasgow Airport – Terminal 2
  • The Right Honourable Alistair Darling is opening the new Terminal 2 on Monday 14th June 2004.
  • HCC has been invited to send a representative to this opening.
  • Amish Amin will attend.
A.O.C.B.
Elliston Grill

Residents have thanked HCC for our support regarding their signage.

It was also confirmed that there would be no right of access issue in this area.

Response to issues by Renfrewshire Council

It was noted that the lack of responses from Renfrewshire Council on various issues was disgraceful.

The Roads department were considered to be the worst offenders although it was noted that this department does inevitably receive the most correspondence from HCC.

A reminder letter will be sent, possibly with copies to Councillor Nimmo and Alex Hewitson.

NEXT MEETING

TUESDAY 13TH July 2004.

Thereafter, the following Tuesdays: 10th August 2004, 14thSeptember 2004, 12th October 2004, 9th November 2004.

HOWWOOD FETE CC GRAND COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8TH JUNE 2004

RAFFLE

Tickets have now been distributed and more are available from Andrew Wilson or Nick Walker.

A list of prizes will be put on the web site by Friday 11th June 2004.

Copies of the prize list can be obtained from Andrew Wilson.

The Raffle Draw will be carried out at the next meeting of HCC on 13th July 2004.

ADVERTISING / FLIER

Every household should now have received a copy of the flier.

Fred’s advert was not worded correctly and apologies have been given

ACTIVITIES / ATTRACTIONS

Activities and attractions will include Bouncy castle, Crystal maze, Falconry, Q96, Disco, Highland dancers and various others.

Generators will not be required as agreement has been received to run power from the new classroom building.

There are now 19 stalls and no further applications will be accepted due to lack of available space and tables.

Bill David will collect all donations for stalls on the day. It was noted that one stall displaying greetings cards (Jean Carlin) has already paid.

All other preparations regarding activities/attractions have been completed.

INSURANCE

ASCC was contacted regarding insurance and this is in the post to us.

Once received the insurance will be reviewed for correctness before being confirmed.

As long as we have liability insurance in place, we can use the vacant area at Carsewood House for parking. Bill David/Nick Walker will arrange appropriate signage.

DANCE

Unsold dance tickets to Andrew and any tartan rugs for ‘dressing’ the hall to Grace Weir by next week.

Posters still to be printed advertising the dance and will be distributed throughout the village. David McKie will organise the posters ASAP.

All other issues now completed.

FOOD AND DRINK

Food has been organised and nothing is outstanding.

Drink is in the process of being arranged and Miller Leon has agreed to return any drink to Fred’s on the Sunday.

OTHER BUSINESS

Cash Float arranged with Linda Smith. Re-imbursement will be on the Monday by Cheque.

The truck will be available on the Friday evening and can be loaded in advance with such things as tables, marquees etc.

WORK SCHEDULE

All hands on deck from 8/8:30 on the Saturday morning. A sheet has been circulated detailing availability throughout the day.

The football starts at 12 noon and therefore the gate will require to be manned from 11 am.

NEXT MEETING

Activities / Attractions – Monday 14th June 2004 at 9 pm.

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2004