News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2007

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 10 APRIL 2007

PRESENT

Nick Walker (Chair), Andrew Wilson (Secretary), Christine Scarsbrook, Jackie Mackenzie, Grace Weir, Linda Smith, Robert Scarsbrook (Vice Chair), Margie Stewart, Douglas Paxton

IN ATTENDANCE

PC Andrew MacLeman, W Scarff, B Scarff, Catherine McIntosh

APOLOGIES

Bill David (Treasurer), Norma David, Tom Purse

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the 13.3.2007 meeting were adopted – Proposed by Grace Weir and Seconded by Robert Scarsbrook.

POLICE REPORT
VILLAGE FETE – SATURDAY 23 JUNE 2007

March 2007 – 5 crimes; 1 vandalism, 1 breaking into motor vehicle, 1 attempted housebreaking, 1 drinking in the street (detected) 1 littering (detected) Points raised

Damage to car on Beith Road – a youth has been reported (charged) in connection with this incident

ASIST to visit a resident of Beith Road

ASIST will be advised of other recent anti social behavioural incidents

ASIST to be invited to attend public meeting and surgery, date to be confirmed, together with representatives from Renfrewshire Council (RC) including Housing. Alex Hewetson to be contacted for advice on RC representation. Details of the meeting and surgery to be communicated to villagers.

General discussion on anti social behaviour blight. Villagers advised to report all instances of anti social behaviour

There was a request from local residents for a visible police presence in the village

  • RS summarised progress from working group meeting.
  • The school area has now been measured and RS/BD confirmed that all activities can be accommodated by utilising the whole area. 
  • AW has contacted the owners of the old Carsewood House site for permission to use the ground for car parking
  • Football pitch marking arrangements to be confirmed with RC. BD has plan of area which will be passed to AW.  AW to liaise with Phil McFadden regarding the football competition
  • Advertising contributors are being contacted.
  • Stall breakdown will be available soon
  • Raffle tickets are on order and will be available for distribution shortly.  All funds collected and ticket stubs to be returned to GW.
  • Wind Band concert on Friday 15 June 2007 tickets to be printed. RS to pass details to AW.
PLANNING
House in Howwood Inn Car Park

Meeting advised of late receipt of out of date planning application notification by two neighbours who were not notified when plans were originally lodged. No news on application.

Pet Crematorium – Land at Midton Wood, Midton Road

CC lodged objection to planning application.  Decision by Planning is awaited

National Planning Framework Day

AW attended this event and reported back.  Day was both interesting and encouraging. Summary of new planning process is available from AW.  Leaflet ‘Small Country BIG PLANS’ was distributed and CC members asked to respond to the survey questions.

Friends of the Earth Letter

Letter informed CC about free training on the theme ‘what you should know before being consulted by planners.  Thought to be worthwhile attending.  RS, AW, NW and GW are likely to attend dependent upon date / time of training sessions.

Planning Aid Membership

BD to confirm status of membership.

Wind Farm Lochwinnoch

Communication from the Lochwinnoch Action Group was received regarding petition to Parliament on Wind Farming in regional parks.   Communication was received too late as Parliament now in abeyance until after May elections. HCC to send agreed position statement on this matter.

ENVIRONMENT
Overgrown Tree at waste area opposite Howwood Inn

This site has recently been leased by Howwood Wildlife and Woodland (HWW) who have undertaken to make this area more assessable. Clearing up of the site will take time.  HWW will be asked to cut back the overgrown tree.

Village Clean Up – 24 & 25 March 2007

Chair thanked all who helped in the clean up.  Special thanks to the Howwood Inn for providing soup and sandwiches to the helpers.

Rubbish along burn in Midton Road towards hospice was cleared as far as possible but this area needs specialist clearing.  This matter was reported to Scott Allan RC at the last meeting.

Rubbish and Compost Collection

No new problems with waste collections reported.

The Brown Bin garden waste collections have now started for the season

Park

AW met with RC Open Spaces Officer regarding proposal to improve the park.

Funding grant application will be made in due course

Proposal to hold a public workshop to ascertain what villagers and park users want to have in the park was made.  Meeting proposed for late May 2007.   Invitations to attend will be extended to all community groups.  A budget of 250 was agreed to fund hire of the Village Hall and engagement of a facilitator.  Proposed by RS and seconded by LS.

Competition ‘Name the Route’ in Post Office

There is a competition to name a new around the Loch route at Castle Semple Loch.  The prize is a family activity day at the Loch.  See poster in the Post Office for details.

INFORMATION / WEB
Newsletter

Next newsletter will be ready for distribution at the next CC meeting in May.  Articles will include Wind Band Concert, Dog Tests for the Fete completion, anti social behaviour public meeting, spring clean thank you and a reminder about dog fouling.  Road Safety advice leaflets will be distributed with the newsletter.  Articles to be send to AW as soon as possible.

OTHER MATTERS ARISING
  • Roads – Next visit by Scott Allan, RC Roads will be 8 May 2007.  Summary of matters to be discussed
    • Speed activated signs
    • Community speed watch portable signs
    • Rubbish at Midton Road burn
    • Gritting at upper Midton Road.  A reply has been received from RC in connection with enquiry about gritting.  The letter outlined the priority process for gritting and highlights a problem with water run off from private land which is adding to the problems in this area.  RC looking to address the water run off problem with land owner.
    • Bus shelter seating
    • Bus shelter at Church
    • Rural roads repairs
    • Shop Parking area
    • Road / Main Street junction
    • Storm water Bowfield Road
    • Hill Road / Bowfield junction
    • Bus stop sign opposite Howwood Inn / Post Office
  • Scottish Evening – Planning for 2008.   Proposal to invite a fiddle orchestra as the main entertainment. Concern regarding the number of musicians in limited space.  AW to contact orchestra for details.  Date will be mid February 2008 dependent upon Hall availability.   There is a need for amplification for speakers.
  • Accounts & Signatories – remove from agenda
  • Citizens’ Advice Bureau – carry forward.
  • Invoice for Christmas Lights – Invoice received but needs clarification.
  • Subscriptions – BD to confirm status of subscriptions to Planning Aid, Scotways and ASCC
CORRESPONDENCE
  • ASCC Newsletter – available from Secretary
A.O.C.B.

Gillien’s Buses – Meeting advised that there is a notice on buses stating intention to stop 9am service to Johnstone during school term.  Secretary will check position with SPT.

ASCC – West of Scotland Regional meeting –.  NW was elected Renfrewshire representative.  NW gave an update of the meeting.   Meeting discussed general topics.  There is an ASCC initiative to look at communications between CCs and Regional Councils.  In addition there is to be a Scottish Executive Review of Community Councils Working Group to establish national guidelines for the running of CCs and a national code of conduct for CC members.  NW will Renfrewshire on the working group.

CC Forum - The delayed AGM will be held next Monday.  NW will attend.

A.O.C.B. Cont

Request for Funding- trek in aid of Maggie’s Centres – Request was rejected as HCC position is to support local groups and charities only.  Secretary will notify requester.

Request to place advertising in HCC Newsletter – Request rejected as newsletter is not considered an appropriate vehicle for advertising.  There is an opportunity for local business to sponsor advertising in the Fete and Wind Band flyers.

NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 8 May 2007 at 7:30 pm Howwood Village Hall

Thereafter, second Tuesday monthly – 8 May 2007(Scott Allan, RC Roads to attend), 12 June 2007, 10 July 2007, 14 August 2007, 11 September 2007 etc.

Contact Details
  • Aircraft Noise Telephone line
    :
    0141 848 4644 (answer machine)
  • Antisocial Behaviour Help Line
    :
    0800 169 1283
  • Dog Warden, Michelle Knox
    :
    0141 840 3164
  • Glasgow Wind Band, R & C Scarsbrook
    :
    01505 704083 [email protected]
  • Fly Tipping
    :
    0845 230 4090
  • Minicoach Tours
    :
  • Police
    :
    01505 404000
  • Renfrewshire Council
    :
  • R.C. Roads email address
    :
  • Roads & Lighting Faults
    :
    0141 842 4466 (M-F), 0141 889 2314
  • Scottish Water Contact
    :
    0141 355 5187
  • Secretary, Andrew Wilson
    :
    01505 702392 [email protected]
  • Village Web Site
    :
  • Youth Nuisance Help Line
    :
    01505 325030

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2007