No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003
Community Council Meeting Minutes 2007
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 13 FEBRUARY 2007
Nick Walker, Andrew Wilson, Christine Scarsbrook, Jackie Mackenzie, Grace Weir, Linda Smith, Tom Purse, Robert Scarsbrook, Bill David, Norma David, David McKie
PC Andrew MacLeman, Catherine McIntosh, Lorna Robertson, Marjory Deans, Alistair Campbell
Margie Stewart, Douglas Paxton, Scott Allan (Renfrewshire Council (RC), Roads)
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Minutes of the 9.1.2007 meeting were adopted – Proposed by Grace Weir and Seconded by Robert Scarsbrook.
- December 2006
- Details will be given at 13 March 2007 meeting
- January 2007
- 4 crimes; 1vandalism , 1 breaking into building, 1 disturbance (detected), 1 theft of motor vehicle (detected)
- Points raised
- Howwood Sports & Hobbies group have a funding application being considered by the Chief Constable’s Wellbeing Fund
- Police will drop in to the Scottish Evening on 17 February 2007 if time permits.
- Concern regarding traffic speeding into the village from Garthland Bridge / Station Road. A traffic accident and near accident occurred in this area on 9 February. Police will take note of this matter.
Scott Allan from RC Roads Department was due to attend this meeting but due to other commitments sent his apologies. A written update was provided by SA:
- Community Road Safety issues will now get priority
- Request for 20’s Plenty signage at Kilnknowe Cottages – issue regarding proximity to the 30 limit sign will be resolved by relocating the 30 limit sign
- Community Speed Watch sign – this initiative may get TV coverage shortly. If the initiative is to be rolled out in Renfrewshire SA will get in touch with the Community Council (CC)
- Bus shelter seating – expected funding has not become available. SA will continue to explore other funding options.
- Planning application in respect of new houses in old Carsewood House site – Roads did not object to the application as their regulations gave no grounds for objection. SA will explain at next visit.
- Hill Road/ Bowfield Road junction – no progress. RC Roads to meeting with property owner regarding the sightline problem
- Bowfield Road gullies and flooding – SA reported that the gullies were not considered to be blocked and that flooding was due to a number of factors e.g. gradient of the road. Opinion from the floor was that provision for water run off was inadequate and that the water hazard was unacceptable. Secretary will write to SA on this matter.
- Collapsed drain at Mayfield Crescent has now been fixed
- Contact within East Renfrewshire Council Roads Department - no update
- SA was not aware of the road traffic accident at Station Road on 9 February 2007.
- Missing bollard at Kilnknowe Cottages is a matter for RC Housing and not Roads
- Matters raised from update
- It was noted that the Speed Slow Down Display sign near the High School in Johnstone appears to be set at 20mph out with school times
- PC MacLeman gave overview of police procedures at road traffic accidents and under what circumstances information is passed to Traffic Management and Councils.
- New Roads issues
- Midton Road towards Skiff Wood – concern regarding lack of gritting on this road. This matter has been raised with RC by local residents in the past. Pot holes also cause for concern. As CC considered the lack of gritting unacceptable the Secretary will contact businesses based in this area for their views before raising this matter with RC Roads.
- Appreciation expressed at the provision of new pavement along Midton Road. However the accumulation of rubbish and detritus possibly as a result of clearing the burn and fly tipping detracts from this otherwise enjoyable walk. The rubbish has been there for some time and needs to be uplifted by RC as it is too much for the village clean up to cope with. Secretary to contact RC.
- SA will be invite to attend the meeting on 13 March 2007.
SCOTTISH EVENING - SATURDAY 17 FEBRUARY 2007
- CS provided an update on behalf of the Working Group
- Plans on track
- CC volunteers asked to help decorate the Village Hall at 12 noon
- Raffle prizes, decorations and supplies to be brought to the hall
- Transport, entertainment and speakers have all been organised
- CC members to help at event will be required around 6pm
Village Clean Up – 24 & 25 March 2007
- Helpers required to tackle the clean up. Meet at Triangle at 2pm on both days
- AW to order skips
- Rubbish picking tools have been received and cost was within budget.
- Sack opening devices will be tried out. DB to order a small supply.
- Truck to be organised for the pick ups.
Rubbish and Compost Collection
- Rubbish Bins in the Park are now being emptied
- Door to door collection – some houses still experiencing sporadic non collection of bins
- Rubbish bin replacements to be ordered for the missing bins. These should be available from RC around April.
Main Street – George Street to Linister Houses
Pavement obstruction caused by overgrown trees and vehicles being parked on pavement has not yet been resolved. CC will continue to seek resolution.
Seeking to set up a meeting between CC, Renfrewshire Environment Trust and RC to discuss this matter.
There is a need to understand current usage of the park especially the football area and changing rooms. Information on usage to be passed to AW. CS has a telephone number for Football bookings listed under RC telephone directory entry.
Village Newsletter carried an article asking for villager’s views on possible Park upgrade but as yet no response. CC will consider this for subject of next survey.
Howwood Wildlife & Woodlands (HWW)
RS provided an update on the HWW Isthmus Project. The Isthmus is the name designated for the piece of waste land in Main Street west of the Howwood Garage behind the retaining wall from Midton Road. HWW have started to clear the site and introduce some colourful plants. This work is ongoing and volunteers are required to assist. Date for next clearing and planting session to be arranged. Thanks expressed to villager who kindly assisted HWW with the work at the first session.
Howwood Primary School Environmental Group
CC was delighted to learn of an Environmental Group set up at the school. The group are highly organised and the children are to be highly commended for their commitment.
Old Carsewood House Site
Planning permission to build 10 executive houses has been approved by RC Planning. Cllr Nimmo advised that he voted against permission.
Agricultural Workers House
No update. Secretary to check status of the application.
House in Howwood Inn Car Park
A further application to build a house in the Howwood Inn car park has been lodged. Plans will be requested and a response drafted for agreement.
National Planning Forum
AW will attend the next Forum. Anyone else wishing to attend should contact the Secretary for details.
INFORMATION / WEB
- Visits for January 2007 – 16000
- Newsletter now on the site.
- Notice Board has been suspended until fixes are in place
Newsletter was distributed late January.
OTHER MATTERS ARISING
- Accounts & Signatories – CS will confirm position with Bank
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau – BD will attend the February meeting and report back.
- ASCC Renfrewshire Representative – Membership matter still ongoing.
As per the Agenda
- Scottish Centre For Regeneration – AW will accept the invitation to attend.
- BAA Glasgow – Notification of noise action telephone line. There is a noise restriction policy in place at Glasgow Airport for air traffic between the hours of 11pm and 6am. Anyone wishing to complain about aircraft noise should leave a message on 0141 848 4644 and a response will be given within a few days.
- Scottish Executive – Planning Framework Invitation. AW will attend.
Grant funding has been received. Invoice for works is awaited.
Wind Farm Action Group
The Action Group will be holding a fund raising race night at the McKillop Institute in Lochwinnoch. All are invited to attend. Further details will be obtained by LS.
Tuesday 13 March 2007 at 7:30 pm Howwood Village Hall (Scott Allan from RC Roads invited to attend. Cllr Mullin due to attend)
Thereafter, second Tuesday monthly - 10 April 2007, 8 May 2007, 12 June 2007, 10 July 2007, 14 August 2007,11 September 2007 etc.
Aircraft Noise Telephone line:0141 848 4644 (answer machine)
Antisocial Behaviour Help Line:0800 169 1283
Dog Warden, Michelle Knox:0141 840 3164
Glasgow Wind Band, R & C Scarsbrook:01505 704083 [email protected]
Fly Tipping:0845 230 4090
Renfrewshire Council:0141 842 5000 www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
R.C. Roads email address:
Roads & Lighting Faults:0141 842 4466 (M-F), 0141 889 2314
Scottish Water Contact:0141 355 5187
Secretary, Andrew Wilson:01505 702392 [email protected]
Village Web Site:
Youth Nuisance Help Line:01505 325030
- Howwood Walking Map July 2014
- Walking Guide July 2014 Image 1 Image 2
- Howwood Newsletter June 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - February 2014 Update From RT Hon Douglas Alexander MP
- Digital Scotland Sfast Broadband
- Howwood Wildlife and Woodlands Walks 2014/15
- Howwood Village Needs your Support Feb 2014
- Howwood War Memorial Feb 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - HCC Update
- Howwood Community Resilience Plan Registration Form Jan 2013
- Semple Trail
- Information On Elderly People
- Contact The Elderly Application Form
- SRANI 2010
- Howwood Route Guide
- The Howwood Village Survey Results